Mikrotik mAP Lite as ethernet to Wifi bridge
This will allow you to plug any Ethernet device (RJ45 cable) into the mAP Lite ethernet jack and it will act like a wired device in your network.
- mAP Lite will get it's own IP address for winbox management using DHCP Client
Note: modify the network name (SSID) and Wifi password in advance for 1-click install
- # jun/26/2019 13:16:50 by RouterOS 6.44.3
- # model = RouterBOARD mAP L-2nD
- /interface bridge
- add name=bridge1
- /interface ethernet
- set [ find default-name=ether1 ] advertise=\
- /interface list
- add name=WAN
- add name=LAN
- /interface wireless security-profiles
- set [ find default=yes ] authentication-types=wpa-psk,wpa2-psk eap-methods="" \
- group-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm mode=dynamic-keys supplicant-identity=MikroTik \
- unicast-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm wpa-pre-shared-key=WIFIPASSWORD \
- /interface wireless
- set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] disabled=no mode=station-pseudobridge \
- security-profile=default ssid=SSIDNAME
- /ip hotspot profile
- set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=flash/hotspot
- /interface bridge port
- add bridge=bridge1 interface=wlan1
- add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1
- /interface list member
- add interface=wlan1 list=WAN
- add interface=ether1 list=LAN
- /ip dhcp-client
- add dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=no interface=bridge1
- /ip ssh
- set allow-none-crypto=yes forwarding-enabled=remote
- /system clock
- set time-zone-name=America/New_York
Use Quick Set Profile: PTP Bridge CPE
Wifi Troubleshooting and Optimization
Step one: Optimize what you've got Get routers/single wifi up and out in the open. Less matter between wifi device (AP = Access Point) and where you consume wifi (wifi client). Internet connection should be centrally located (or to one side if you're ...
Picking your ISP and Wifi
Residential Internet Picking internet, fiber is better. If no Google available AT&T Gigapower is 1Gbit same as google. Expecting more than 100-200Mbps of internet speed (Packets north of SC or into Florida or TN for example) from AT&T is about as ...
Security Alert: AT&T branded devices auto-joining the "attwifi" wifi hotspots - Take steps to protect yourself!
This is a MAJOR security concern, which I know is actively being exploited across the country. There's one around the Duke building in downtown Charlotte as I write this. Why is it a security concern? Because when your phone auto-joins that wifi ...
Backups - The 3-2-1 Rule: If you don't have one expect to loose your data
Do I need to have a backup? Throw your computer/electronic device out the window, and then ask yourself do you want to get access to anything that was once on your device. If you say "OMG, I need xyz back!", then you need to have a backup solution. ...
Checking iOS iCloud backup
On the iOS device: 1) Open Settings 2) Click name at the top 3) Click iCloud 4) Click iCloud backup (bottom of 1st section) 5) Make sure switch is on. Check date/time. Should run when plugged in and connected to wifi